Saturday, August 20, 2005

Blog Business Summit SF 2005

OK,
I was at the BBS SF 2005 for the last few days.
I had a chance to chat with many old friends and to make few new once too. The summit was great. It was well orginazed and I think people also got a lot out of it.
There were many very interesting sessions on corporate blogging, blog networks, new tools and content creation. I think some of the content will be even available as podcasts and video on-demand. I am not sure about the links for it yet.


I did manage to get Robert Scobel to do a video blog on business blogging.
You will hear a bit too much of my voice in the back, sorry. I used my pocket digital camera for first time to have a video interview and the mic is way to sensative. This is a 400K Streaming video, so if you don't have broadband, you will not be able to see this. Sorry.



I got a copy from Microsoft of the new IE7 beta and its good. Now there are some problems. Yahoo mail for one does not recognize the IE7b version as a valid one and pushes you back to use the old YAHOO mail page. Well, after chatting with Sean Lyndersay, a lead Program MNG, Windows RSS, I fixed the problem in less than 5min.

You need to go to MSDN and search for "user agent" an dyou get this link
http://blogs.msdn.com/ie/archive/2005/04/27/412813.aspx

I had to trick it and midify the code and restart my new IE7 and it works great. Here is my code with 6.0 in it.

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\5.0\User Agent]
"Version"="MSIE 6.0"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\User Agent\Post Platform]
"SV1"=-


Save it as IE7UA.REG, double click and you are done.

This is for now

Cheers,
Vassil

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home